Body found hanging in minister quarters premises
Bhubaneswar: Body of a man was on Sunday found hanging from a tree in the premises of the government quarters allotted to senior BJD leader and former Odisha Minister Pramila Mallik here, police said.
The deceased, identified as Surendra Routray (35) of Binjharpur area in Jajpur district was found hanging from a tree inside the compound of the quarters, Inspector In-Charge of Capital Police Station, Manas Gadnayak said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a case of unnatural death registered by police, he said, adding investigation was in progress.
Mallik, who is the MLA from Binjharpur, said Routray happened to be a BJD worker and he used to visit her official quarters often - once in 4-5 days.
Unable to guess the reason behind the incident, Mallik said Routray had never mentioned about any problem.
Police personnel visited the site after being informed by the staff working at the quarters and sent the body to the hospital for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?