Body found hanging in minister quarters premises
Bhubaneswar: Body of a man was on Sunday found hanging from a tree in the premises of the government quarters allotted to senior BJD leader and former Odisha Minister Pramila Mallik here, police said.
The deceased, identified as Surendra Routray (35) of Binjharpur area in Jajpur district was found hanging from a tree inside the compound of the quarters, Inspector In-Charge of Capital Police Station, Manas Gadnayak said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a case of unnatural death registered by police, he said, adding investigation was in progress.
Mallik, who is the MLA from Binjharpur, said Routray happened to be a BJD worker and he used to visit her official quarters often - once in 4-5 days.
Unable to guess the reason behind the incident, Mallik said Routray had never mentioned about any problem.
Police personnel visited the site after being informed by the staff working at the quarters and sent the body to the hospital for post-mortem, police said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt