Body of suspected rape victim found in Odisha
Berhampur: The body of a suspected rape victim with her legs tied with clothes and head covered with grass was recovered from Balisahi in Ganjam district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the 17-year-old with two heavy stones placed on her chest was recovered yesterday, Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bhanjanagar RC Sethi said.
"Though circumstantial evidence suggests the girl might have been raped before being killed, this can only be confirmed after getting the post-mortem report," Sethi said.
The girl, a school dropout and daughter of a daily labourer, had gone to a paddy field along with her father on Thursday. She left the field for home around 3 pm.
When she did not return home till late evening, her family members informed the police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video