Body of suspected rape victim found in Odisha
Berhampur: The body of a suspected rape victim with her legs tied with clothes and head covered with grass was recovered from Balisahi in Ganjam district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the 17-year-old with two heavy stones placed on her chest was recovered yesterday, Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bhanjanagar RC Sethi said.
"Though circumstantial evidence suggests the girl might have been raped before being killed, this can only be confirmed after getting the post-mortem report," Sethi said.
The girl, a school dropout and daughter of a daily labourer, had gone to a paddy field along with her father on Thursday. She left the field for home around 3 pm.
When she did not return home till late evening, her family members informed the police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections