Body of suspected rape victim found in Odisha
Berhampur: The body of a suspected rape victim with her legs tied with clothes and head covered with grass was recovered from Balisahi in Ganjam district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the 17-year-old with two heavy stones placed on her chest was recovered yesterday, Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Bhanjanagar RC Sethi said.
"Though circumstantial evidence suggests the girl might have been raped before being killed, this can only be confirmed after getting the post-mortem report," Sethi said.
The girl, a school dropout and daughter of a daily labourer, had gone to a paddy field along with her father on Thursday. She left the field for home around 3 pm.
When she did not return home till late evening, her family members informed the police, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj