Bomb scare delays Bhubaneswar-Bengaluru Express
Visakhapatnam: The Bhubaneswar-Bengaluru Prasanthi Express was on Saturday delayed by over 90 minutes following a bomb threat call which turned out to be a false alarm, police said.
The train was detained at Duvvada station near here after police got a call at 1.15 pm from an anonymous person, who claimed explosives were planted in the train, which arrived at Visakhapatnam around 12.45 pm and departed at 1.05 pm, they said.
GRP and RRP personnel detained the train at Duvvada at 1.35 pm and a Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad along with a dog team was rushed to the station, a suburb of the city.
"We checked the train, but nothing suspicious was found," Deputy Superintendent of Police (GRP), Visakhapatnam, S Venkata Rao said.
The train left for its onward journey after a 90- minute delay, he said.
This was the second such incident in Visakhapatnam in a week. On Tuesday night, a hoax bomb call had delayed the departure of Visakhapatnam-Mumbai LTT superfast train by nearly two hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan