Bombs hurled in college campus
Paradip: Three crude bombs were on Monday hurled at the campus of Adikabi Sarala Das College at Tirtol in the early hours, police said.
None one was injured in the explosion which was apparently done to mar the ongoing college election, the police said.
While one bomb went off, two others failed to explode.
The miscreants had also put up posters on the college walls issuing threats that unless the college principal and three lecturers were removed immediately, the college would be blown up, they said.
Irate students of the government college staged a road blockade on Paradip-Chandikhol express highway demanding arrest of culprits.
All contesting candidates, irrespective of their party affiliation, joined hands and put up an united voice demanding immediate arrest of the persons involved in the incident.
Slogan shouting students took out a rally and staged a road blockade for a few hours.
However, after being assured by the police of stern action against the culprits, they lifted the blockade, the sources said.
Meanwhile, in another incident, a contesting candidate of Alaka College at Jagatsinghpur died and two of his friends were seriously injured when the motorbike they were riding met with an accident today.
The victm had been identified as Prabharanjan Paik of Jagatsinghpur. The injured duo had been rushed to the SCB Medical College Hospital at Cuttack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you