Boy arrested in school bomb blast case in Odisha
Cuttack: A class-IX student here was arrested on Monday on the charge of carrying a crude bomb in a school bag that went off inside the classroom injuring 20 students, including the boy himself.
The 14-year-old boy of Ayatpur Government High School was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) from where he was remanded to Juvenile Home in Berhampur after his bail application was rejected.
The police investigations showed the boy from nearby Nimeisapur village was earlier caught by the school authorities for carrying crackers and bombs to school.
Considering the future of the student, the school authorities, instead of informing the police, had let off the student after reprimand and warnings.
But the boy had repeated the act as an attempt to spread terror among his peers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened