Boy arrested in school bomb blast case in Odisha
Cuttack: A class-IX student here was arrested on Monday on the charge of carrying a crude bomb in a school bag that went off inside the classroom injuring 20 students, including the boy himself.
The 14-year-old boy of Ayatpur Government High School was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) from where he was remanded to Juvenile Home in Berhampur after his bail application was rejected.
The police investigations showed the boy from nearby Nimeisapur village was earlier caught by the school authorities for carrying crackers and bombs to school.
Considering the future of the student, the school authorities, instead of informing the police, had let off the student after reprimand and warnings.
But the boy had repeated the act as an attempt to spread terror among his peers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II