British national enters Jagannath Temple
Puri: A British national who entered the
Sri Jagannath temple premises, where are foreigners are
barred, sent the administration into a tizzy Tuesday.
The 25-year-old British national, Steven Galaro,
spotted by sevayats in the temple was caught and handed over
to the police.
The tourist was handed back by the police to the
temple administration, who after thorough verification and
scrutiny of let him off, police sources said.
The tourist was allowed to go after verification of
his antecedents as there was no rule for taking action in such
cases, a senior official of the temple administration D P
As Galaro had not entered the sanctum snctorum, temple
rituals remained unaffected, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31