British national enters Jagannath Temple
Puri: A British national who entered the
Sri Jagannath temple premises, where are foreigners are
barred, sent the administration into a tizzy on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old British national, Steven Galaro,
spotted by sevayats in the temple was caught and handed over
to the police.
The tourist was handed back by the police to the
temple administration, who after thorough verification and
scrutiny of let him off, police sources said.
The tourist was allowed to go after verification of
his antecedents as there was no rule for taking action in such
cases, a senior official of the temple administration D P
As Galaro had not entered the sanctum sanctorum, temple
rituals remained unaffected, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users