British national enters Jagannath Temple
Puri: A British national who entered the
Sri Jagannath temple premises, where are foreigners are
barred, sent the administration into a tizzy on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old British national, Steven Galaro,
spotted by sevayats in the temple was caught and handed over
to the police.
The tourist was handed back by the police to the
temple administration, who after thorough verification and
scrutiny of let him off, police sources said.
The tourist was allowed to go after verification of
his antecedents as there was no rule for taking action in such
cases, a senior official of the temple administration D P
As Galaro had not entered the sanctum sanctorum, temple
rituals remained unaffected, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands