British national enters Jagannath Temple
Puri: A British national who entered the
Sri Jagannath temple premises, where are foreigners are
barred, sent the administration into a tizzy on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old British national, Steven Galaro,
spotted by sevayats in the temple was caught and handed over
to the police.
The tourist was handed back by the police to the
temple administration, who after thorough verification and
scrutiny of let him off, police sources said.
The tourist was allowed to go after verification of
his antecedents as there was no rule for taking action in such
cases, a senior official of the temple administration D P
As Galaro had not entered the sanctum sanctorum, temple
rituals remained unaffected, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29