British woman molested in Orissa govt hotel
Bhubaneswar: A young British woman was today
allegedly molested by an employee of a state-run hotel at
Konark near Sun Temple in Orissa.
"The 20-year-old woman from the UK has complained that
one of the staff, Subhas Sahu, molested her when she was alone
in her room at Jatri Niwas this afternoon," Puri SP Sanjay
Hotels under the brand name Jatri Niwas are run by Orissa
Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
The girl had checked into the hotel at about 12:30 pm.
Sahu entered her room on the pretext of serving lunch, police
"Sahu, a waiter at the hotel, has been arrested and
booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) of
IPC," the SP said.
Immediately after the incident, the girl rushed to the
police station along with the owner of a private lodge, where
she is currently staying, Kumar said.
The incident came a day after a group of miscreants
attempted to attack a couple from South Korea at Sakshigopal
in Satyabadi area of Puri district. However, the couple
managed to escape the attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade criticized by Chinese users
- Shaharyar Khan hints at stepping down in August
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh