British woman molested in Orissa govt hotel
Bhubaneswar: A young British woman was today
allegedly molested by an employee of a state-run hotel at
Konark near Sun Temple in Orissa.
"The 20-year-old woman from the UK has complained that
one of the staff, Subhas Sahu, molested her when she was alone
in her room at Jatri Niwas this afternoon," Puri SP Sanjay
Hotels under the brand name Jatri Niwas are run by Orissa
Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
The girl had checked into the hotel at about 12:30 pm.
Sahu entered her room on the pretext of serving lunch, police
"Sahu, a waiter at the hotel, has been arrested and
booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) of
IPC," the SP said.
Immediately after the incident, the girl rushed to the
police station along with the owner of a private lodge, where
she is currently staying, Kumar said.
The incident came a day after a group of miscreants
attempted to attack a couple from South Korea at Sakshigopal
in Satyabadi area of Puri district. However, the couple
managed to escape the attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’