British woman molested in Orissa govt hotel
Bhubaneswar: A young British woman was today
allegedly molested by an employee of a state-run hotel at
Konark near Sun Temple in Orissa.
"The 20-year-old woman from the UK has complained that
one of the staff, Subhas Sahu, molested her when she was alone
in her room at Jatri Niwas this afternoon," Puri SP Sanjay
Hotels under the brand name Jatri Niwas are run by Orissa
Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
The girl had checked into the hotel at about 12:30 pm.
Sahu entered her room on the pretext of serving lunch, police
"Sahu, a waiter at the hotel, has been arrested and
booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) of
IPC," the SP said.
Immediately after the incident, the girl rushed to the
police station along with the owner of a private lodge, where
she is currently staying, Kumar said.
The incident came a day after a group of miscreants
attempted to attack a couple from South Korea at Sakshigopal
in Satyabadi area of Puri district. However, the couple
managed to escape the attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery