British woman molested in Orissa govt hotel
Bhubaneswar: A young British woman was today
allegedly molested by an employee of a state-run hotel at
Konark near Sun Temple in Orissa.
"The 20-year-old woman from the UK has complained that
one of the staff, Subhas Sahu, molested her when she was alone
in her room at Jatri Niwas this afternoon," Puri SP Sanjay
Hotels under the brand name Jatri Niwas are run by Orissa
Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
The girl had checked into the hotel at about 12:30 pm.
Sahu entered her room on the pretext of serving lunch, police
"Sahu, a waiter at the hotel, has been arrested and
booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) of
IPC," the SP said.
Immediately after the incident, the girl rushed to the
police station along with the owner of a private lodge, where
she is currently staying, Kumar said.
The incident came a day after a group of miscreants
attempted to attack a couple from South Korea at Sakshigopal
in Satyabadi area of Puri district. However, the couple
managed to escape the attack, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?