British woman molested in Orissa govt hotel
Bhubaneswar: A young British woman was today
allegedly molested by an employee of a state-run hotel at
Konark near Sun Temple in Orissa.
"The 20-year-old woman from the UK has complained that
one of the staff, Subhas Sahu, molested her when she was alone
in her room at Jatri Niwas this afternoon," Puri SP Sanjay
Hotels under the brand name Jatri Niwas are run by Orissa
Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC).
The girl had checked into the hotel at about 12:30 pm.
Sahu entered her room on the pretext of serving lunch, police
"Sahu, a waiter at the hotel, has been arrested and
booked under section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) of
IPC," the SP said.
Immediately after the incident, the girl rushed to the
police station along with the owner of a private lodge, where
she is currently staying, Kumar said.
The incident came a day after a group of miscreants
attempted to attack a couple from South Korea at Sakshigopal
in Satyabadi area of Puri district. However, the couple
managed to escape the attack, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living