BSF defuses 20-kg explosive device in Odisha
New Delhi: Border Security Force personnel found and defused a 20-kg improvised explosive (IED) device in Odisha`s Maoist-affected Koraput district, an official release said here Tuesday.
Troops of the BSF`s 28 Bn deployed in Koraput on anti-Maoist operations carried out a special search operation based on inputs about presence of an explosive device.
The troopers detected an unusual sound through the metal detector Monday afternoon while scanning a road in the hilly and thick forested stretch of Koraput. On digging, they noticed one 20-kg IED with an electric wire, the release said.
A bomb disposal squad reached on the spot and safely disposed of the explosive in the presence of Odisha Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon