BSF defuses 20-kg explosive device in Odisha
New Delhi: Border Security Force personnel found and defused a 20-kg improvised explosive (IED) device in Odisha`s Maoist-affected Koraput district, an official release said here Tuesday.
Troops of the BSF`s 28 Bn deployed in Koraput on anti-Maoist operations carried out a special search operation based on inputs about presence of an explosive device.
The troopers detected an unusual sound through the metal detector Monday afternoon while scanning a road in the hilly and thick forested stretch of Koraput. On digging, they noticed one 20-kg IED with an electric wire, the release said.
A bomb disposal squad reached on the spot and safely disposed of the explosive in the presence of Odisha Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS