BSF man killed in landmine blast in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A BSF jawan was killed and another injured Saturday when a landmine planted by Maoists exploded on a forest road in Koraput district of Odisha.
SDPO Y Jagannath Rao said a group of BSF jawans was walking down the forest in Laxmipur area after conducting combing operation nearby when one of them apparently stepped on the landmine which went off.
BSF jawan J Kundu died on the spot, while his colleague Dhiren Sahu sustained injuries in the explosion.
The two were members of a unit of the BSF stationed at Palur in Koraput, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Rahul Gandhi condemns Istanbul airport attack, dubs it as ''cowardly attack on innocents''
- Watch: Meet Cozmo, a tiny robot with big brain and bigger personality!
- Hrithik Roshan escapes Istanbul attacks, reaches India safely!
- No Indian casualty in Turkey terror attack
- Attack on Istanbul airport inhuman: PM Narendra Modi