BSF man killed in landmine blast in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A BSF jawan was killed and another injured Saturday when a landmine planted by Maoists exploded on a forest road in Koraput district of Odisha.
SDPO Y Jagannath Rao said a group of BSF jawans was walking down the forest in Laxmipur area after conducting combing operation nearby when one of them apparently stepped on the landmine which went off.
BSF jawan J Kundu died on the spot, while his colleague Dhiren Sahu sustained injuries in the explosion.
The two were members of a unit of the BSF stationed at Palur in Koraput, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog