BSF personnel commits suicide in Koraput
Koraput: A BSF personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service gun in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Lukeswar Singh(41), hailing from Punjab`s Gurudaspur, allegedly shot himself at the camp of 105 Battalion of BSF at Boipariguda yesterday, they said.
"The jawan had fired from his gun and died instantly as the bullet pierced his head. The reason behind the extreme step is yet to be ascertained," said Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar.
The body is being sent to his native place after postmortem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14