BSF personnel commits suicide in Koraput
Koraput: A BSF personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service gun in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Lukeswar Singh(41), hailing from Punjab`s Gurudaspur, allegedly shot himself at the camp of 105 Battalion of BSF at Boipariguda yesterday, they said.
"The jawan had fired from his gun and died instantly as the bullet pierced his head. The reason behind the extreme step is yet to be ascertained," said Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar.
The body is being sent to his native place after postmortem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption