BSF personnel commits suicide in Koraput
Koraput: A BSF personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service gun in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Lukeswar Singh(41), hailing from Punjab`s Gurudaspur, allegedly shot himself at the camp of 105 Battalion of BSF at Boipariguda yesterday, they said.
"The jawan had fired from his gun and died instantly as the bullet pierced his head. The reason behind the extreme step is yet to be ascertained," said Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar.
The body is being sent to his native place after postmortem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL