BSF personnel commits suicide in Koraput
Koraput: A BSF personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service gun in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Lukeswar Singh(41), hailing from Punjab`s Gurudaspur, allegedly shot himself at the camp of 105 Battalion of BSF at Boipariguda yesterday, they said.
"The jawan had fired from his gun and died instantly as the bullet pierced his head. The reason behind the extreme step is yet to be ascertained," said Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar.
The body is being sent to his native place after postmortem, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week
- Rajasthan shocker: When "mera baap chor hai" was tattooed on a woman's forehead for not bringing dowry
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor