BSF personnel commits suicide in Koraput
Koraput: A BSF personnel allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service gun in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
Lukeswar Singh(41), hailing from Punjab`s Gurudaspur, allegedly shot himself at the camp of 105 Battalion of BSF at Boipariguda yesterday, they said.
"The jawan had fired from his gun and died instantly as the bullet pierced his head. The reason behind the extreme step is yet to be ascertained," said Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar.
The body is being sent to his native place after postmortem, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference