BSF trooper held for molesting woman on train
Bhubaneswar: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was arrested in Odisha for allegedly molesting a woman passenger in a running train, official said on Monday.
Ashwini Kumar (35), a trooper of the BSF`s 61 battalion, allegedly molested the 20-year-old woman twice inside the Koraput-Rourkela Intercity Express on Sunday, before it reached the Sundergarh district`s Rourkela railway station, about 514 km from here, police said.
The woman was travelling in the same coach as was Ashwini, who was allegedly drunk, a senior railway police official told a news agency.
He followed the girl to the toilet and molested her, the officer said. The trooper molested the young woman twice in the train, he said.
The trooper was arrested after the woman lodged a complaint with the Government Railway Police (GRP), the official added.
The trooper is a native of Bihar`s Balbag area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city