BSF trooper held for molesting woman on train
Bhubaneswar: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was arrested in Odisha for allegedly molesting a woman passenger in a running train, official said on Monday.
Ashwini Kumar (35), a trooper of the BSF`s 61 battalion, allegedly molested the 20-year-old woman twice inside the Koraput-Rourkela Intercity Express on Sunday, before it reached the Sundergarh district`s Rourkela railway station, about 514 km from here, police said.
The woman was travelling in the same coach as was Ashwini, who was allegedly drunk, a senior railway police official told a news agency.
He followed the girl to the toilet and molested her, the officer said. The trooper molested the young woman twice in the train, he said.
The trooper was arrested after the woman lodged a complaint with the Government Railway Police (GRP), the official added.
The trooper is a native of Bihar`s Balbag area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation