BSF trooper hurt in Odisha mine blast
Bhubaneswar: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was injured Saturday in a land mine blast triggered by Maoists in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said.
The incident occurred in a forested area near Palur village, over 600 km from here, during a combing operation by the BSF.
"One BSF trooper has sustained minor injury. Others narrowly escaped the blast," Superintendent of Police Avinash Kumar told a news agency.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state and Koraput district is considered their strong hold.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed