Businessman robbed in Odisha
Jajpur: A businessman was robbed of Rs 70,000 cash and his motor cycle taken away by six miscreants in Odisha`s Jajpur district, police said on Sunday.
The victim, Balabhadra Das, a resident of Bahadalapur runs a foreign liquor shop in local Kuakhia bazaar in the district.
After closing the shop, Das was carrying Rs 70,000 cash and returning home on his motor cycle along with one of his shop employees late last night when the miscreants intercepted them, police said.
The miscreants allegedly assaulted and injured Das and his employee Mahendra Dalai before fleeing with the bag containing the cash and the motor cycle, police said.
A passerby informed the local police about the incident and police rushed both Das and his employee to the government hospital at Madhuban. Das was shifted to SCB Medical College and hospital in Cuttack when his condition deteriorated, police said.
Kuakhia police have registered a case in this connection and further investigation is on. Police barricaded several roads in the area to nab the accused. But they are still absconding.
“We are on the lookout for the miscreants who stole the cash and motor cycle from the businessman,” said Atulya Krishna Das, inspector-in-charge of Kuakhia police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!