Case filed against BJD MLA for slapping Home guard
Keonjhar: A case was registered
against ruling BJD MLA Subarna Nayak for allegedly slapping
and misbehaving with a woman home guard here, police said
"A case was registered against Nayak, the MLA of Keonjhar
Sadar on the basis of a complaint filed by a lady home guard
that he assaulted and misbehaved with her yesterday",
Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Keonjhar town police station
Abakash Routray said.
"Appropriate action will be taken after a thorough
inquiry into the matter", he said.
According to the FIR, the home guard Babita Lenka was
on duty near the NH-215 passing through the town when an
argument ensued between her and Nayak over parking of the
vehicle on the road.
In course of argument, the MLA allegedly slapped her
in public view and threatened her with dire consequences if
she dared to complain against him, she alleged in the FIR.
Meanwhile, refuting the allegation, the MLA termed the
whole incident as politically motivated. "I have neither
slapped nor misbehaved with anybody. Rather the home guard
hurled abusive words at me. After coming to know that I am the
MLA, she went to the police station apparently realizing that
she was wrong. I went to the town police station to inform the
matter and left for campaigning", Nayak said.
Nayak`s wife was a candidate for committee member in
panchayat elections from Zone No. 16 and a contender for
chairperson of Keonjhar Zilla Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note