Case filed against BJD MLA for slapping Home guard
Keonjhar: A case was registered
against ruling BJD MLA Subarna Nayak for allegedly slapping
and misbehaving with a woman home guard , police said
"A case was registered against Nayak, the MLA of Keonjhar
Sadar on the basis of a complaint filed by a lady home guard
that he assaulted and misbehaved with her yesterday",
Inspector In-Charge (IIC) of Keonjhar town police station
Abakash Routray said.
"Appropriate action will be taken after a thorough
inquiry into the matter", he said.
According to the FIR, the home guard Babita Lenka was
on duty near the NH-215 passing through the town when an
argument ensued between her and Nayak over parking of the
vehicle on the road.
In course of argument, the MLA allegedly slapped her
in public view and threatened her with dire consequences if
she dared to complain against him, she alleged in the FIR.
Meanwhile, refuting the allegation, the MLA termed the
whole incident as politically motivated. "I have neither
slapped nor misbehaved with anybody. Rather the home guard
hurled abusive words at me. After coming to know that I am the
MLA, she went to the police station apparently realising that
she was wrong. I went to the town police station to inform the
matter and left for campaigning", Nayak said.
Nayak`s wife was a candidate for Samitee member in
panchayat elections from Zone No. 16 and a contender for
chairperson of Keonjhar Zilla Parishad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi