CDA town planner in vigilance net in Cuttack
Cuttack: A disproportionate assets case was registered against a junior town planner of Cuttack Development Authority after he was found to possess nearly Rs 1.5 crore in property.
Personnel of the Cuttack Vigilance Cell armed with a search warrant issued by the vigilance court raided the houses and office of Bishnu Prasad Sahu yesterday, detected Rs 1,41,12,990 in movable and immovable property, a press release issued by the vigilance SP here said.
Sahu?s residences at Markat Nagar and Gandarpur in Cuttack city, his parental house at Gop in Puri district and his office here at Arunodaya Market were simultaneously searched, vigilance sources said.
A hatchback car, a sports bike, gold ornaments weighing 1200 gm, silver ornaments weighing 2000 gm, bank, insurance and mutual fund and property deposits amounting to Rs 25 lakh and Rs 3.20 lakh in cash were found in his possession, they said.
Immovable property, including a three-storied house in Markat Nagar, a two-storied house in Gandarpur, and two homestead plots in Bhubaneswar were found in his name, they said.
Bank lockers in three different banks have also been detected in the name of Sahu?s wife. The bank lockers have not yet been opened, the press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre