Central committee member of ULFA, associates arrested
Rourkela: Aditya Bora, Assam cadre
central committee member of ULFA and two of his associates,
were today arrestd by security forces during joint combing
operation in Saranda forest bordering Orissa-Jharkhand,
Huge quantity of explosives, Maoist literature and
posters were seized from their possesion, they said.
Joint combing operation has been intensified after an
encounter with the Maoists near Saranda forests yesterday in
which three hardcore Maoists, including Area Commander
Mohammed Musleem, were gunned down.
The combing operation continued in the dense Saranda
forests and three ULFA militants were arrested, they said.
Initial reports said Bora and his associates were
giving arms training to the local Maoists. All three were
taken to an undisclosed place for interrogation.
Three ultras who were gunned down yesterday, besides
Musleem of Jareikela under Bisra police station, were
identified as Susanta Mahanto of Jharbeda under Bisra police
station and Nepali Bhumi of Makanda under Manoharpur police
station of Jharkhand.
All the three bodies were handed over to their family
Meanwhile, the body of surrendered woman maoist
Kanduri Lohar and her four-year old son, who were killed by
the Maoists earlier in the day, were brought to Bisra for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof