Central committee member of ULFA, associates arrested
Rourkela: Aditya Bora, Assam cadre
central committee member of ULFA and two of his associates,
were today arrestd by security forces during joint combing
operation in Saranda forest bordering Orissa-Jharkhand,
Huge quantity of explosives, Maoist literature and
posters were seized from their possesion, they said.
Joint combing operation has been intensified after an
encounter with the Maoists near Saranda forests yesterday in
which three hardcore Maoists, including Area Commander
Mohammed Musleem, were gunned down.
The combing operation continued in the dense Saranda
forests and three ULFA militants were arrested, they said.
Initial reports said Bora and his associates were
giving arms training to the local Maoists. All three were
taken to an undisclosed place for interrogation.
Three ultras who were gunned down yesterday, besides
Musleem of Jareikela under Bisra police station, were
identified as Susanta Mahanto of Jharbeda under Bisra police
station and Nepali Bhumi of Makanda under Manoharpur police
station of Jharkhand.
All the three bodies were handed over to their family
Meanwhile, the body of surrendered woman maoist
Kanduri Lohar and her four-year old son, who were killed by
the Maoists earlier in the day, were brought to Bisra for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outline solutions, don't become roadblock to progressive democracy: BJP tells Mamata
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!