Central team visits Odisha to assess damages
Bhubaneswar: An Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) led by Ministry of Home Affairs Joint Secretary Rashmi Goel arrived here for an on the spot assessment of damages occurred due to Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods.
The 11-member-Central team during their four-day tour, will make an assessment of the damages caused due to the twin calamities.
"We will visit the worst cyclone-hit and worst flood-affected districts of Odisha," Goel told reporters at the airport here.
Special Relief Commissioner Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra said, "The IMCT is divided into two groups and will visit the most affected districts like Ganjam, Puri, Balasore and Mayurbhanj."
Senior scientist of Cuttack`s Central Rice Research Institute (CRRI) SC Patnaik and its crop production head K S Rao will assist the teams during their field visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM