Central team visits Odisha to assess damages
Bhubaneswar: An Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) led by Ministry of Home Affairs Joint Secretary Rashmi Goel arrived here for an on the spot assessment of damages occurred due to Cyclone Phailin and subsequent floods.
The 11-member-Central team during their four-day tour, will make an assessment of the damages caused due to the twin calamities.
"We will visit the worst cyclone-hit and worst flood-affected districts of Odisha," Goel told reporters at the airport here.
Special Relief Commissioner Pradipta Kumar Mohapatra said, "The IMCT is divided into two groups and will visit the most affected districts like Ganjam, Puri, Balasore and Mayurbhanj."
Senior scientist of Cuttack`s Central Rice Research Institute (CRRI) SC Patnaik and its crop production head K S Rao will assist the teams during their field visit.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon