Charge sheet in Pipili gang rape case soon
Cuttack: The crime branch of Odisha Police on Tuesday filed a status report in the Pipili rape case in sealed
cover to the Orissa High Court as the probe was on.
The division bench of Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda and
Justice BN Mohapatra, monitoring the police probe directed
that the contents of the report shall not be made public.
A crime branch official indicated that the
investigation was in the final stage and the charge sheet
would definitely be filed within first week of April.
Superintendent of SCB Medical College and Hospital,
where the 19-year-old rape victim is undergoing treatment,
informed the high court that there has been no change in the
condition of the patient.
In its status report to the HC, Superintendent DN
Maharana said there has been no significant improvement in the
condition of the patient who is in semi-comatose state.
The Dalit girl is reported to have slipped into coma
ever since she was allegedly gang raped in Arjungoda village
of Pipili in Puri district on November 28 last year. The
Hospital report said the patient continued to have fever while
her blood pressure, respiration and urine output are normal.
The patient is not responding to verbal commands
though she opens her eyes spontaneously reacting sluggishly to
light, the report said.
The high court bench, which is also monitoring the
treatment of the girl, asked the hospital authorities to file
another status report after two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown