Chinese explosives recovered from Odisha jungle
Koraput: Security personnel belonging to the Border Security Force (BSF) and Odisha police recovered a huge cache of explosives during an anti-Naxalite operation in Koraput district on Wednesday .
Acting on a tip-off, the personnel raided certain places in Pinamali forest under Narayanpatna police station area from where explosives were recovered, they said. The explosives were dumped by the Maoists in a plastic container in the dense forest.
The security personnel safely recovered the explosives and no injury has been reported, said SDPO (Laxmipur) YJ Rao. The seized materials included three Chinese made hand grenades, at least 117 gelatin sticks, 30 kg of iron chips, one live landmine, 22 packet of liquid explosive and two packet of live wire from the Maoist hideout, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read