Chinese explosives recovered from Odisha jungle
Koraput: Security personnel belonging to the Border Security Force (BSF) and Odisha police recovered a huge cache of explosives during an anti-Naxalite operation in Koraput district on Wednesday .
Acting on a tip-off, the personnel raided certain places in Pinamali forest under Narayanpatna police station area from where explosives were recovered, they said. The explosives were dumped by the Maoists in a plastic container in the dense forest.
The security personnel safely recovered the explosives and no injury has been reported, said SDPO (Laxmipur) YJ Rao. The seized materials included three Chinese made hand grenades, at least 117 gelatin sticks, 30 kg of iron chips, one live landmine, 22 packet of liquid explosive and two packet of live wire from the Maoist hideout, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic