Chinese explosives recovered from Odisha jungle
Koraput: Security personnel belonging to the Border Security Force (BSF) and Odisha police recovered a huge cache of explosives during an anti-Naxalite operation in Koraput district on Wednesday .
Acting on a tip-off, the personnel raided certain places in Pinamali forest under Narayanpatna police station area from where explosives were recovered, they said. The explosives were dumped by the Maoists in a plastic container in the dense forest.
The security personnel safely recovered the explosives and no injury has been reported, said SDPO (Laxmipur) YJ Rao. The seized materials included three Chinese made hand grenades, at least 117 gelatin sticks, 30 kg of iron chips, one live landmine, 22 packet of liquid explosive and two packet of live wire from the Maoist hideout, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA