Chinese explosives recovered from Odisha jungle
Koraput: Security personnel belonging to the Border Security Force (BSF) and Odisha police recovered a huge cache of explosives during an anti-Naxalite operation in Koraput district on Wednesday .
Acting on a tip-off, the personnel raided certain places in Pinamali forest under Narayanpatna police station area from where explosives were recovered, they said. The explosives were dumped by the Maoists in a plastic container in the dense forest.
The security personnel safely recovered the explosives and no injury has been reported, said SDPO (Laxmipur) YJ Rao. The seized materials included three Chinese made hand grenades, at least 117 gelatin sticks, 30 kg of iron chips, one live landmine, 22 packet of liquid explosive and two packet of live wire from the Maoist hideout, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium