Chiranjeevi to campaign for Congress in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Union Tourism Minister and filmstar K Chiranjeevi on Thursday said he would campaign for Congress candidates in Odisha during the next elections.
Chiranjeevi, who also belonged to Congress, said this at the felicitation function organised by the Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC). "I will campaign for the party as per the request of the OPCC. I have a large number of fans in the state," he said.
Earlier, OPCC president Niranjan Patnaik had requested Chiranjeevi, a popular South Indian filmstar to campaign for the party in the next elections.
After the felicitation programme, Chiranjeevi visited the famous Sun Temple at Konark and he was greeted by the people in and around the Black Pagoda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!