Chiranjeevi to campaign for Congress in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Union Tourism Minister and filmstar K Chiranjeevi on Thursday said he would campaign for Congress candidates in Odisha during the next elections.
Chiranjeevi, who also belonged to Congress, said this at the felicitation function organised by the Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC). "I will campaign for the party as per the request of the OPCC. I have a large number of fans in the state," he said.
Earlier, OPCC president Niranjan Patnaik had requested Chiranjeevi, a popular South Indian filmstar to campaign for the party in the next elections.
After the felicitation programme, Chiranjeevi visited the famous Sun Temple at Konark and he was greeted by the people in and around the Black Pagoda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka