Chit fund: 15 people arrested in Odisha
Balasore: Fifteen people including the chief managing director of a chit fund company were arrested on Tuesday in Balasore district for duping investors through illegal money circulation, police said.
Among those arrested include CMD of Mid-East Group of Companies, Debesh Kumar Nayak, vice president Ratikant Tripathy and three founder members of the firm, Inspector In-Charge of Balasore town police station, Umesh Gadnaik said.
All the accused were produced before the sub-divisional judicial magistrate who sent them to jail for two weeks.
They were detained and interrogated since yesterday after a?cheque bounce complaint was lodged against them by a depositor.
One Radhakanta Das had lodged a complaint that after maturity of his deposit amount he was given a cheque of Rs 2.26 lakh which bounced, police said.
Meanwhile, the bail application of Prashant Das, CMD of Seashore Group, another chit fund company, was rejected by a court in Koraput.
Das was arrested from Mumbai a few days ago on charges of duping investors to the tune of Rs 50 crore in Semiliguda of Koraput district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM