Chit fund: 15 people arrested in Odisha
Balasore: Fifteen people including the chief managing director of a chit fund company were arrested on Tuesday in Balasore district for duping investors through illegal money circulation, police said.
Among those arrested include CMD of Mid-East Group of Companies, Debesh Kumar Nayak, vice president Ratikant Tripathy and three founder members of the firm, Inspector In-Charge of Balasore town police station, Umesh Gadnaik said.
All the accused were produced before the sub-divisional judicial magistrate who sent them to jail for two weeks.
They were detained and interrogated since yesterday after a?cheque bounce complaint was lodged against them by a depositor.
One Radhakanta Das had lodged a complaint that after maturity of his deposit amount he was given a cheque of Rs 2.26 lakh which bounced, police said.
Meanwhile, the bail application of Prashant Das, CMD of Seashore Group, another chit fund company, was rejected by a court in Koraput.
Das was arrested from Mumbai a few days ago on charges of duping investors to the tune of Rs 50 crore in Semiliguda of Koraput district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued