Chit fund embezzlement: Bollywood producer turns up in HC
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court
on Tuesday posted the hearing of the Rs 500 crore chit fund
misappropriation case, allegedly involving Bollywood film
producer Nasir Khan and others, to next Thursday.
Adjourning the hearing of the case of Khan, who turned
up at the court along with associate Sayeed Ahmed, to January
21, the court directed the accused to appear before the
investigating police officers on Wednesday and Thursday for
Khan, who had been discharged on PR bond shortly
after arrest nearly three months back, also appeared before
the crime branch for the first time earlier today. He had been
charged with having amassed over hundreds of crores of public
money from over two lakh people in Balasore district.
Hours after his arrest on October 20, 2009 and release
on PR bond, Khan did not report to the police despite summons
sent to him repeatedly.
Khan, who had earlier cited ill-health and pressing
personal problems, promised to cooperate with the police
henceforth in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test