Chit-fund scam: CBI raids firm in Odisha
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday carried out searches at the premises of a company in Odisha in connection with its probe into the chit-fund scam, which is estimated to run into thousands of crore of rupees.
CBI sources said that searches were conducted at three locations in Odisha pertaining to Rely Foundation. Some important documents have been recovered and the same are being examined, they added.
The agency has registered 44 cases against as many companies for alleged swindling of deposits of investors who were lured through the offer of attractive returns on their investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming