Chit-fund scam: CBI raids firm in Odisha
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday carried out searches at the premises of a company in Odisha in connection with its probe into the chit-fund scam, which is estimated to run into thousands of crore of rupees.
CBI sources said that searches were conducted at three locations in Odisha pertaining to Rely Foundation. Some important documents have been recovered and the same are being examined, they added.
The agency has registered 44 cases against as many companies for alleged swindling of deposits of investors who were lured through the offer of attractive returns on their investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet