Chopped body parts of retd Army doctor`s wife cremated
Cuttack: The retrieved body parts of Ushashree Parida (62), who was allegedly killed by her retired Army doctor husband three weeks ago, were consigned to flames at Khan Nagar crematorium here on Tuesday afternoon.
The body parts were handed over to her relatives by police after autopsy.
The body parts of former Army doctor Somanath Parida`s wife were found by the Bhubaneswar police and sent here for post mortem after nearly three weeks of her death on June 03.
Although it was very difficult for forensic experts to perform autopsy on the highly decomposed body parts, they have said that the victim died due to massive head injury.
Somanath (72), a former Lt Colonel in the Army, was arrested on the night of June 21 after the police found the body parts of Ushashree kept in big metal boxes from their residence at the posh Nayapalli area.
The body parts, measuring six to eight inches, had been preserved with chemicals in 22 steel containers kept in two big boxes.
Somanath, who was arrested on the charge of murdering Ushashree, had claimed that his wife had committed suicide before he chopped her body parts.
The incident came to light on June 21 after Somanath`s brother-in-law visited the house along with other relatives to inquire about his sister who did not respond to repeated phone calls from their children staying abroad.
Ushashree`s relatives said they would perform some other rituals at Puri as per the wishes of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened