Clean shoes of devotees, HC tells accused
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Tuesday granted
bail to an accused with a condition that he would clean the
shoes of visiting devotees at a local temple.
The single judge bench of Justice C R Dash granted the
bail to Suman Patra (19) who was arrested in July for
assaulting and showing indecent gesture to a girl at a wedding
The high court directed Suman to clean the devotees`
shoes at local Chandi Mandir every Sunday for two hours for 12
The High Court also directed the executive officer of
the Chandi Mandir to make necessary arrangements for this with
the help of the Investigating Officer.
The Court said Suman shall be released on bail after
executing a bail bond of Rs 2000 with two sureties of equal
amount before the lower court concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH