Clean shoes of devotees, HC tells accused
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Tuesday granted
bail to an accused with a condition that he would clean the
shoes of visiting devotees at a local temple.
The single judge bench of Justice C R Dash granted the
bail to Suman Patra (19) who was arrested in July for
assaulting and showing indecent gesture to a girl at a wedding
The high court directed Suman to clean the devotees`
shoes at local Chandi Mandir every Sunday for two hours for 12
The High Court also directed the executive officer of
the Chandi Mandir to make necessary arrangements for this with
the help of the Investigating Officer.
The Court said Suman shall be released on bail after
executing a bail bond of Rs 2000 with two sureties of equal
amount before the lower court concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September