Clean shoes of devotees, HC tells accused
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Tuesday granted
bail to an accused with a condition that he would clean the
shoes of visiting devotees at a local temple.
The single judge bench of Justice C R Dash granted the
bail to Suman Patra (19) who was arrested in July for
assaulting and showing indecent gesture to a girl at a wedding
The high court directed Suman to clean the devotees`
shoes at local Chandi Mandir every Sunday for two hours for 12
The High Court also directed the executive officer of
the Chandi Mandir to make necessary arrangements for this with
the help of the Investigating Officer.
The Court said Suman shall be released on bail after
executing a bail bond of Rs 2000 with two sureties of equal
amount before the lower court concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed