Clean shoes of devotees, HC tells accused
Cuttack: Orissa High Court on Tuesday granted
bail to an accused with a condition that he would clean the
shoes of visiting devotees at a local temple.
The single judge bench of Justice C R Dash granted the
bail to Suman Patra (19) who was arrested in July for
assaulting and showing indecent gesture to a girl at a wedding
The high court directed Suman to clean the devotees`
shoes at local Chandi Mandir every Sunday for two hours for 12
The High Court also directed the executive officer of
the Chandi Mandir to make necessary arrangements for this with
the help of the Investigating Officer.
The Court said Suman shall be released on bail after
executing a bail bond of Rs 2000 with two sureties of equal
amount before the lower court concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?