Clerk arrested for taking bribe in Odisha
Berhampur: Anti-corruption sleuths have arrested a head clerk of tehsil office at Patrapur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly taking bribe from a man for conversion of land use.
Vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Govind Prasad Sahu red handed while accepting Rs 4000 from a person to process the file for conversion agriculture land to non-agriculture purpose yesterday, vigilance sources said.
The accused was arrested and further investigation was on, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics