Clerk arrested for taking bribe in Odisha
Berhampur: Anti-corruption sleuths have arrested a head clerk of tehsil office at Patrapur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly taking bribe from a man for conversion of land use.
Vigilance sleuths laid a trap and caught Govind Prasad Sahu red handed while accepting Rs 4000 from a person to process the file for conversion agriculture land to non-agriculture purpose yesterday, vigilance sources said.
The accused was arrested and further investigation was on, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah