Close shave for patients during hospital fire
Cuttack (Odisha): Four seriously ill patients undergoing treatment in the neurosurgery ICU of SCB Medical College and Hospital here had a narrow escape when a fire broke out as they were shifted immediately.
The patients had a close shave as they were immediately taken out of the ICU when the air-conditioner cable, passing close to the oxygen pipes, were in flames last evening, hospital sources said on Saturday.
"A major disaster was avoided as the hospital electrical maintenance staff doused the flame before it could create havoc," they said.
Hospital authorities blame the general electricity department (GED) for poor maintenance of the electrical fittings for the cause of the mishap while the GED employees squarely blame the hospital authorities for not extending adequate cooperation.
Neurosurgery head of the Hospital S S Mishra said: "All the six ACs fitted in the ICU are out of order and the maintenance staffs are not repairing them despite repeated complaints."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?