Colangelo meets Italian Consul gen in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Hours after being released
by Maoists, Italian tourist Claudio Colangelo arrived here
on Sunday night and met his country`s Consul General Joel Melchiori.
Accompanied by security personnel, 61-year-old
Colangelo was brought to the state capital by road from Sorada
in Ganjam district after being released at a place near
Daringbadi in Kandhamal district.
Colangelo, however, met Italian media persons at the
hotel while Indian journalists were not allowed inside to
have an interaction with him.
"He was straight taken to a luxury hotel where Consul
General had been waiting for his return," a senior police
officer said adding that the Italian national was likely to
meet other state government official tomorrow morning.
Colangelo was also likely to undertake a brief visit
to Puri from where he had left for trekking expedition to
tribal-dominated Kandhamal district along with Paolo Bosusco.
While Colangelo was freed today morning his compatriot
Paolo was still held captive by the Maoists.
Melchiori had been camping at the state capital here
ever since the news of Italian nationals taken hostage by the
members of the out-lawed CPI (Maoist) came to the fore. The
duo were abducted by the Maoist from Ganjam-Kandhamal district
border on March 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...