Collector kidnap: Maoist leader to be produced in Orissa court
Hyderabad: Maoist leader Ganti Prasadam, whose release among others has been demanded by the Naxals to free abducted Malkangiri collector RV Krishna, was handed over to police for producing him before an Orissa court,
officials said on Sunday.
Prasadam, also the convener of Martyrs Friends and Relatives Committee, was lodged in the Ongole Prison in Andhra Pradesh`s Prakasam district since February 7 and was handed over to local police last evening as Orissa Police had secured a Prisoners Transfer (PT) warrant against him from the Koraput
Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate Court, they said.
"Following the court directive (PT warrant), we handed over Prasadam to the local police for production before the Koraput court. Either the local police can produce Prasadam before the court or they can also hand over him to the Orissa Police who in turn can produce before the court," Ongole Prison Superintendent V Phaniraju told a news agency over phone.
He will be produced before the Orissa court.
Maoists had also asked for the release of Ganti Prasadam and other Maoists leaders as a precondition to take part in negotiations with the government emissaries to free sthe IAS officer, who had abducted on February 16.
Prasadam, who was arrested in November last by Koraput Police was brought to Ongole in connection with the case of attempt on the life of then Prakasam SP MC Laddha in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry