College student held for attempt to rape six-year-old
Bhubaneswar: A college student was arrested in Odisha for attempting to rape a six-year-old girl after luring her with chocolates, police said on Saturday.
The girl was allegedly assaulted in Palasuni area of state capital Bhubaneswar Thursday evening, but the incident only came to light after the girl narrated her ordeal to her parents a day later, inspector in charge of the `mahila` (women) police station, Sarojini Nayak, told a news agency.
The boy, who looks like he might not yet be 18 years old, allegedly lured the girl while she was out of her house playing. He took the girl to a secluded spot and attempted to rape her. The girl escaped from his grasp and ran home.
Police arrested the boy after the victim`s mother lodged a complaint.
Police have sent the victim for a medical examination. The age of the accused is also being determined, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31