Complete power failure in Odisha after grid failure
Bhubaneswar: Odisha faced complete blackout on Tuesday after the Northern power grid along with Eastern Power grid failed within minutes of each other.
With the power grid failing, the super thermal power plant at Thalcher in Odisha tripped affecting the electricity supply in the state resulting in the state coming to a standstill.
Due to the blackout, various services were hampered in the city. The residents faced a harrowing time as the train services were disrupted and supplies of essential services including medicines were severely affected.
Meanwhile, the state has started drawing power from the Southern Grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?