Complete power failure in Odisha after grid failure
Bhubaneswar: Odisha faced complete blackout on Tuesday after the Northern power grid along with Eastern Power grid failed within minutes of each other.
With the power grid failing, the super thermal power plant at Thalcher in Odisha tripped affecting the electricity supply in the state resulting in the state coming to a standstill.
Due to the blackout, various services were hampered in the city. The residents faced a harrowing time as the train services were disrupted and supplies of essential services including medicines were severely affected.
Meanwhile, the state has started drawing power from the Southern Grid.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav