Complete power failure in Odisha after grid failure
Bhubaneswar: Odisha faced complete blackout on Tuesday after the Northern power grid along with Eastern Power grid failed within minutes of each other.
With the power grid failing, the super thermal power plant at Thalcher in Odisha tripped affecting the electricity supply in the state resulting in the state coming to a standstill.
Due to the blackout, various services were hampered in the city. The residents faced a harrowing time as the train services were disrupted and supplies of essential services including medicines were severely affected.
Meanwhile, the state has started drawing power from the Southern Grid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi