Condition of Odisha gangrape victim worsens
Koraput: The condition of the minor girl, who was allegedly gang-raped in Rayagada town in Odisha on January 2, further worsened at a hospital at Visakhapatnam where she is undergoing treatment, officials said on Sunday.
With infection detected in fresh areas of her body, the doctors were trying to contain the infection from further spreading, Rayagada district Collector S S Padhi, who visited the Visakhapatnam hospital yesterday, said here.
"She is able to talk and identify people", Padhi said.
Meanwhile, Odisha`s minister for tribal development, Lal Bihari Himirika who hails from Rayagada, also visited the girl.
The 16-year-old orphan, who was gang-raped by four persons on the outskirts of Rayagada town on January 2, had attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze the next day.
With over 70 per cent burn injuries, the district administration shifted her to Vishakapatnam on January 7 for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand