Cong, BJP demand debate on CAG findings on Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposition Congress and BJP on Monday demanded a special debate in Odisha Assembly on the different irregularities detected by CAG in its report on general and social sector for the year ended March 2012.
The issue was raised in the assembly by leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress during the zero hour.
"As CAG has detected irregularities in important sectors like supplementary nutrition, mid-day-meal schemes, port projects and integrated action plan for naxal hit areas, they should be debated in the house," Singh said.
Singh said the CAG report has confirmed the allegations made by Congress earlier in the assembly.
He also raised the issue relating to loss of crores of rupees to the state due to faulty decisions taken by different departments.
"More serious irregularities will come up if a debate is held in the house," opposition Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan said.
BJP legislature party leader KV Singhdeo said the state government must come clean by clarifying the issues raised in the Comptroller and Auditor General of India reports.
"CAG report will be discussed in the Public Accounts Committee," Speaker Pradip Kumar Amat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan