Cong demands CID probe into alleged MLA bribe
Bhubaneswar: The Opposition Congress in Odisha on Tuesday demanded a CID, Crime Branch inquiry after a local tv channel aired an audio tape of a BJD MLA allegedly accepting Rs 10,000 from a contractor.
Since it was a sensitive matter the chief minister must order a crime branch probe into the incident, Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) general secretary Arya Kumar Gyanendra said in a statement here.
The Congress leader also demanded arrest of the MLA from Cuttack district for allegedly accepting bribe for allotment of work under the MLA LAD fund.
The MLA claimed that the voice on the audio tape was not his.
"Some of my my political rivals might have planted the story," the MLA told the television channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?