Cong demands CID probe into alleged MLA bribe
Bhubaneswar: The Opposition Congress in Odisha on Tuesday demanded a CID, Crime Branch inquiry after a local tv channel aired an audio tape of a BJD MLA allegedly accepting Rs 10,000 from a contractor.
Since it was a sensitive matter the chief minister must order a crime branch probe into the incident, Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) general secretary Arya Kumar Gyanendra said in a statement here.
The Congress leader also demanded arrest of the MLA from Cuttack district for allegedly accepting bribe for allotment of work under the MLA LAD fund.
The MLA claimed that the voice on the audio tape was not his.
"Some of my my political rivals might have planted the story," the MLA told the television channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security