Cong leader questions CM`s `sincereity` to Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Questioning Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s "sincerity" towards Odisha and its people, Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan on Saturday gave him five tasks including speaking two sentences in Odia during a debate in the Assembly.
Harichandan asked Patnaik to name the author of `Bande Utkal Janani`, regarded as the state`s song, and recite two stanzas "to prove his genuine respect and love for Odisha".
The chief minister was targeted during a debate on an adjournment motion in the assembly on hunger in the state despite the cheap rice scheme for the poor.
The Congress Chief Whip also asked the chief minister to close his eyes and speak two sentences in Odia and read out four lines from Odia script after opening his eyes.
Questioning the chief minister`s "respect for his roots," he asked Patnaik to give the old name of Bhanjanagar, his home in Ganjam district.
Harichandan claimed that despite being the chief minister for the last 13 years, the BJD chief had failed to understand the sentiment of the people and simply deceived them.
Members of both opposition and treasury benches looked amused at the Congress leader`s posers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!