Cong leader questions CM`s `sincereity` to Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Questioning Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s "sincerity" towards Odisha and its people, Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan on Saturday gave him five tasks including speaking two sentences in Odia during a debate in the Assembly.
Harichandan asked Patnaik to name the author of `Bande Utkal Janani`, regarded as the state`s song, and recite two stanzas "to prove his genuine respect and love for Odisha".
The chief minister was targeted during a debate on an adjournment motion in the assembly on hunger in the state despite the cheap rice scheme for the poor.
The Congress Chief Whip also asked the chief minister to close his eyes and speak two sentences in Odia and read out four lines from Odia script after opening his eyes.
Questioning the chief minister`s "respect for his roots," he asked Patnaik to give the old name of Bhanjanagar, his home in Ganjam district.
Harichandan claimed that despite being the chief minister for the last 13 years, the BJD chief had failed to understand the sentiment of the people and simply deceived them.
Members of both opposition and treasury benches looked amused at the Congress leader`s posers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH