Cong protest against higher education minister mounts in Odisha
Cuttack: Police arrested seven Youth Congress leaders on Wednesday for vandalising the Cuttack Collector`s office during an agitation, while protesters continued to demand for a probe into the Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra`s role in the question paper leak issue.
The Congress has demanded a judicial probe and action against the minister for his alleged role in the class twelfth examination question paper leak.
The Youth Congress activists had vandalised the Collector`s office over the demand yesterday.
"The police investigating the question paper leak case should implicate Badrinarayan Patra for his alleged role in leaking question papers for a price," district Congress President Prakash Behera told newsmen while sitting on a dharna on the National Highway here.
Congress activists led by Behera blocked the NH-5 here at two places paralysing traffic for nearly two hours today.
Police later took more than hundred Congress activists into custody and normalcy on the NH was restored.
Students owning allegiance to Students Federation of India also staged a demonstration in front of the office of the collector here during the day demanding the arrest of the minister for his `dubious role` in question paper leak case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...