Cong protest against higher education minister mounts in Odisha
Cuttack: Police arrested seven Youth Congress leaders on Wednesday for vandalising the Cuttack Collector`s office during an agitation, while protesters continued to demand for a probe into the Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra`s role in the question paper leak issue.
The Congress has demanded a judicial probe and action against the minister for his alleged role in the class twelfth examination question paper leak.
The Youth Congress activists had vandalised the Collector`s office over the demand yesterday.
"The police investigating the question paper leak case should implicate Badrinarayan Patra for his alleged role in leaking question papers for a price," district Congress President Prakash Behera told newsmen while sitting on a dharna on the National Highway here.
Congress activists led by Behera blocked the NH-5 here at two places paralysing traffic for nearly two hours today.
Police later took more than hundred Congress activists into custody and normalcy on the NH was restored.
Students owning allegiance to Students Federation of India also staged a demonstration in front of the office of the collector here during the day demanding the arrest of the minister for his `dubious role` in question paper leak case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman