Congress agent arrested for damaging EVM in Kendrapara
Kendrapara: An election agent of opposition Congress party was on Thursday arrested on charge of damaging EVM in booth-193 of Mulasahi village under Aul Assembly segment in Kendrapara district.
There were also complaints of technical snags in EVMs which delayed the voting process in around the particular polling stations.
An estimated 22 percent polling has been reported in four hours after the polling commenced at 7 am in five Assembly constituencies spread across this coastal district.
The administration has received around a dozen of complaints of rigging. "The complaints are being looked into. Armed police reinforcements have been made in these areas,” said Kendrapara Collector Nitin Bhanudas Jawale.
Large number of young voters of 18-25 age-group were seen lined up to caste their franchise invariably in all the polling stations in this coastal district.
Meanwhile, a report from Chief Electoral Officer`s office said that highest voter turn out of 19.23 percent was recorded in Angul district by 10 am followed 17.5 percent in Nayagarah district.
Khurda district comprising the state capital of Bhubaneswar recorded lowest voter turn out by 10 am with only five percent voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India