Congress asks people to oust Naveen government in Odisha
Keonjhar: Congress on Wednesday accused the Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha of failing on all fronts due to rampant corruption and inefficiency, and asked the people to oust BJD from power in the next elections to pave the way for overall development.
"Corruption is rampant during the BJD rule in Odisha which witnessed a series of scandals including mining scam. Therefore, people must punish the regional party by voting against it in (the) next elections," AICC`s Odisha in-charge Jagdish Tytler said at a party convention in Anandpur.
The state has been pushed back by 50 years in all spheres due to the inefficiency of the BJD government and largescale corruption during the last 12 years, he alleged.
The plight of the poor has worsened during the BJD rule, he claimed.
Instead of working for the progress and development of the state and welfare of its people, the BJD government was responsible for backwardness, Tytler alleged while claiming that only Congress can put the state back on the path of development.
Hitting out at the BJD government, both Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik accused it of failing to utilise central funds meant for different welfare and developmental programmes.
The people of Odisha were disillusioned with the ruling BJD and the Naveen Patnaik-led party is bound to face defeat in the next elections, the senior Congress leaders, including leader of opposition in state assembly Bhupinder Singh, claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH