`Congress has only one worry – What if Narendra Modi comes to power`
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Bhubaneswar: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Friday said that the upcoming General election is not just about bringing BJP to power or making Modi as the PM, but it is about the people of this country teaching a lesson to those who have ruined the nation.
Addressing ‘Vijay Shankalp Samavesh’ rally in Odisha`s Sambalpur district, Modi told the huge gathering that if someone makes a mistake people forgive them; if there is some shortcoming also people say it`s ok; but if someone betrays it is never to be forgotten.
Launching a scathing attack against the Congress, Modi exhorted that the grand old party which has ruled for sixty years is an expert in making false promises.
Amidst loud cheer, the Gujarat Chief Minister said that last time he came here in 2009 the rally was small and Congress during that time had said it will reduce prices in 100 days. Modi asked the huge gathering, did Congress bring down the prices? The people replied with a huge `no`.
Taking on the Congress over the Food Security Bill, the BJP strongman accused the ruling government at the Centre of not doing anything for the poor and said it took 60 years for the party to understand what is hunger.
The BJP`s PM candidate urged the people to vote for the BJP and bless him so that he can serve them and wipe their tears.
Coming down heavily on the Congress leadership including Rahul Gandhi, Modi accused the central government of not doing anything for the farmers in Madhya Pradesh whose crops have got damaged due to unseasonal rains and hailstorms.
“The Congress-led government at the Centre didn`t help the farmers, despite Chief Minister Shijraj Singhj Chouhan pleading for it as the people voted for BJP in the state,” Modi exhorted.
The Gujarat CM said only BJP cares about he poor and the tribal communities of the country, adding former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee created a new ministry and a new budget for tribal communities. “Congress doesn`t worry about the poor and the tribals.”
“These days Congress has only one worry – what if Modi comes to power. But I am always thinking of how to solve the problems of the country.”
Criticising External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for abusing the Supreme Court and Election Commission in the United Kingdom, Modi demanded action against him.
“Congress has the habit of misusing, abusing and reducing the Constitutional institutions,” the BJP leader said.
Mocking the grand old party, Modi said that the Congress has only one agenda how to stop Modi. “When I ask about spiralling prices – they say stop Modi. When I say stop corruption, they say stop Modi,” the Gujarat CM asserted.
“Indian National Congress should be renamed as – Institution Neglecting Congress,” Modi said.
Taking on Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Modi asked the gathering, “Do you have expectations from your CM? Does he have time for you?” The crowd replied with a big NO.
On hearing this Modi said why should he talk about the CM, who doesn`t have time for his people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17