Congress is sinking, says Odisha CM
New Delhi: Hitting back at Rahul Gandhi for his comments against his government, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said the Congress party is "sinking" all over the country including in the eastern coastal state.
Patnaik dismissed as "totally baseless" and "false allegations" the Congress party vice-president charge that the BJD government had embezzled central funds meant for the welfare of the poor and the tribals,
"The Congress party is sinking all over India including in Odisha," he said.
Rahul Gandhi yesterday targeted Patnaik, accusing the BJD government of corruption, misuse of central funds, and siding with the mining mafia in the mineral-rich state.
The Congress Vice President trained his guns at Patnaik during a party rally at Bhatapada village near Salipur town in Cuttack district, saying, "There has been massive loot of iron ore and manganese from the state. A handful of people have been benefited from the mining loot while people are suffering here."
Besides the Lok Sabha polls, the state will also witness assembly polls this year.
Asked about Narendra Modi`s visit to the state, the Odisha Chief Minister said, "I do not think it will have much impact."
Patnaik was in the capital for receiving Krishi awards from President Pranab Mukherjee for the state`s excellent performance in foodgrain production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media