Congress leader joins BJD in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Leader of Opposition in the Odisha assembly and senior Congress leader Bhupinder Singh joined the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) Saturday along with a party legislator.
Singh, who represents Narla constituency in Kalahandi district, met Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik at his residence along with Congress legislator Anup Kumar Sai.
"Some people with vested interest have captured the Congress organisation and that is why we decided to join the BJD," Singh told reporters.
Sai represents Brajarajnagar constituency and was also the secretary of the Congress legislature party. He said that by joining the ruling party, he expects to serve the people better.
The chief minister said the leaders will be assets for the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!