Congress leader joins BJD in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Leader of Opposition in the Odisha assembly and senior Congress leader Bhupinder Singh joined the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) Saturday along with a party legislator.
Singh, who represents Narla constituency in Kalahandi district, met Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik at his residence along with Congress legislator Anup Kumar Sai.
"Some people with vested interest have captured the Congress organisation and that is why we decided to join the BJD," Singh told reporters.
Sai represents Brajarajnagar constituency and was also the secretary of the Congress legislature party. He said that by joining the ruling party, he expects to serve the people better.
The chief minister said the leaders will be assets for the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown