Congress leader joins BJD in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Leader of Opposition in the Odisha assembly and senior Congress leader Bhupinder Singh joined the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) Saturday along with a party legislator.
Singh, who represents Narla constituency in Kalahandi district, met Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik at his residence along with Congress legislator Anup Kumar Sai.
"Some people with vested interest have captured the Congress organisation and that is why we decided to join the BJD," Singh told reporters.
Sai represents Brajarajnagar constituency and was also the secretary of the Congress legislature party. He said that by joining the ruling party, he expects to serve the people better.
The chief minister said the leaders will be assets for the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics