Congress MLAs in Odisha to decide their leader on June 10
Bhubaneswar: The newly-elected Congress MLAs will decide their leader at a meeting here on June 10 in the presence of AICC leader Ajay Maken.
"Congress general secretary and Odisha in-charge BK Hariprasad has informed me that Maken has been appointed as observer for the CLP leader election. Maken along with Hariprasad and secretary Subhankar Sarkar will be visiting the state on June 10," Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee president Jaydev Jena said.
The Congress has only 16 MLAs in the 147-member Odisha Legislative Assembly while the number of BJD members is 117 and BJP has 10 MLAs.
While CPI(M) and Samata Kranti Dal have one member each, two independent MLAs are elected to the OLA.
Senior Congress leader Narsingh Mishra is likely to be elected as the leader of opposition in Odisha Assembly, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke