Congress MP, two others injured in road accident
Sundergarh (Odisha): Lok Sabha MP from Sundergarh, Hemananda Biswal, and two others were injured on Saturday as their car met with an accident in Odisha`s Sundergarh district, police said.
Biswal, also the former Odisha Chief Minister, has been shifted to a hospital in Rourkela after undergoing preliminary treatment at Sundergarh district headquarters Hospital, S Majhi, Sundergarh Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), said.
Biswal`s condition was stable, hospital officials said.
Police said Biswal was on way from Sundergarh to Rourkela in his SUV when it hit against a road side culvert while trying to overtake a truck near Karamdihi, they said.
Biswal, who was sitting in the front seat, received head and chest injuries.
Another person, said to be the ex-sarpanch of Laikera, who was also in the vehicle, sustained minor injury. The driver of Biswal`s vehicle was also injured.
Locals rushed the three injured to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday