Congress MP, two others injured in road accident
Sundergarh (Odisha): Lok Sabha MP from Sundergarh, Hemananda Biswal, and two others were injured on Saturday as their car met with an accident in Odisha`s Sundergarh district, police said.
Biswal, also the former Odisha Chief Minister, has been shifted to a hospital in Rourkela after undergoing preliminary treatment at Sundergarh district headquarters Hospital, S Majhi, Sundergarh Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), said.
Biswal`s condition was stable, hospital officials said.
Police said Biswal was on way from Sundergarh to Rourkela in his SUV when it hit against a road side culvert while trying to overtake a truck near Karamdihi, they said.
Biswal, who was sitting in the front seat, received head and chest injuries.
Another person, said to be the ex-sarpanch of Laikera, who was also in the vehicle, sustained minor injury. The driver of Biswal`s vehicle was also injured.
Locals rushed the three injured to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?