Congress MP, two others injured in road accident
Sundergarh (Odisha): Lok Sabha MP from Sundergarh, Hemananda Biswal, and two others were injured on Saturday as their car met with an accident in Odisha`s Sundergarh district, police said.
Biswal, also the former Odisha Chief Minister, has been shifted to a hospital in Rourkela after undergoing preliminary treatment at Sundergarh district headquarters Hospital, S Majhi, Sundergarh Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), said.
Biswal`s condition was stable, hospital officials said.
Police said Biswal was on way from Sundergarh to Rourkela in his SUV when it hit against a road side culvert while trying to overtake a truck near Karamdihi, they said.
Biswal, who was sitting in the front seat, received head and chest injuries.
Another person, said to be the ex-sarpanch of Laikera, who was also in the vehicle, sustained minor injury. The driver of Biswal`s vehicle was also injured.
Locals rushed the three injured to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire