Congress MP, two others injured in road accident
Sundergarh (Odisha): Lok Sabha MP from Sundergarh, Hemananda Biswal, and two others were injured on Saturday as their car met with an accident in Odisha`s Sundergarh district, police said.
Biswal, also the former Odisha Chief Minister, has been shifted to a hospital in Rourkela after undergoing preliminary treatment at Sundergarh district headquarters Hospital, S Majhi, Sundergarh Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), said.
Biswal`s condition was stable, hospital officials said.
Police said Biswal was on way from Sundergarh to Rourkela in his SUV when it hit against a road side culvert while trying to overtake a truck near Karamdihi, they said.
Biswal, who was sitting in the front seat, received head and chest injuries.
Another person, said to be the ex-sarpanch of Laikera, who was also in the vehicle, sustained minor injury. The driver of Biswal`s vehicle was also injured.
Locals rushed the three injured to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital