Congress MP, two others injured in road accident
Sundergarh (Odisha): Lok Sabha MP from Sundergarh, Hemananda Biswal, and two others were injured on Saturday as their car met with an accident in Odisha`s Sundergarh district, police said.
Biswal, also the former Odisha Chief Minister, has been shifted to a hospital in Rourkela after undergoing preliminary treatment at Sundergarh district headquarters Hospital, S Majhi, Sundergarh Sub-divisional Police Officer (SDPO), said.
Biswal`s condition was stable, hospital officials said.
Police said Biswal was on way from Sundergarh to Rourkela in his SUV when it hit against a road side culvert while trying to overtake a truck near Karamdihi, they said.
Biswal, who was sitting in the front seat, received head and chest injuries.
Another person, said to be the ex-sarpanch of Laikera, who was also in the vehicle, sustained minor injury. The driver of Biswal`s vehicle was also injured.
Locals rushed the three injured to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey