Congress questions Naveen Patnaik`s `value-based` politics
Keonjhar: Launching a broadside against ruling BJD in Odisha, Congress on Sunday accused Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of working contrary to the "value-based" politics he preaches by encouraging leaders from the opposition to join his party.
"Naveen Patnaik talks of value-based politics, but encourages leaders of the opposition party to join BJD. What type of value he is propagating?" Congress General Secretary B K Hariprasad said.
Sounding the poll bugle in Odisha at a public meeting at Chenapadi junction in Keonjhar district, Hariprasad said Congress alone could provide good governance in the country.
The meeting was attended by PCC chief Jayadev Jena, Union Minister Srikant Jena, AICC`s Subhankar Sarkar, Congress MP Rajib Biswal and local Congress candidate Madhab Sardar.
Though the Centre was providing adequate funds to the state government for implementation of different programmes, the latter was unable to utilise the amount for improving the condition of people, he alleged.
Exuding confidence that Congress would come to power both at the Centre and Odisha, Hariprasad urged the people to strengthen the party and support it in the ensuing elections.
PCC chief Jena alleged the BJD government was "neck deep in corruption" including the huge mining scam and it had no moral right to continue in office.
Union Minister Srikant Jena said the BJD government had done precious little for the mineral-rich Keonjhar district though the district`s contribution in terms of revenue generation for Odisha`s exchequer was enormous.
There had been no development in Keonjhar district during the BJD rule, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read