Congress questions Naveen Patnaik`s `value-based` politics
Keonjhar: Launching a broadside against ruling BJD in Odisha, Congress on Sunday accused Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of working contrary to the "value-based" politics he preaches by encouraging leaders from the opposition to join his party.
"Naveen Patnaik talks of value-based politics, but encourages leaders of the opposition party to join BJD. What type of value he is propagating?" Congress General Secretary B K Hariprasad said.
Sounding the poll bugle in Odisha at a public meeting at Chenapadi junction in Keonjhar district, Hariprasad said Congress alone could provide good governance in the country.
The meeting was attended by PCC chief Jayadev Jena, Union Minister Srikant Jena, AICC`s Subhankar Sarkar, Congress MP Rajib Biswal and local Congress candidate Madhab Sardar.
Though the Centre was providing adequate funds to the state government for implementation of different programmes, the latter was unable to utilise the amount for improving the condition of people, he alleged.
Exuding confidence that Congress would come to power both at the Centre and Odisha, Hariprasad urged the people to strengthen the party and support it in the ensuing elections.
PCC chief Jena alleged the BJD government was "neck deep in corruption" including the huge mining scam and it had no moral right to continue in office.
Union Minister Srikant Jena said the BJD government had done precious little for the mineral-rich Keonjhar district though the district`s contribution in terms of revenue generation for Odisha`s exchequer was enormous.
There had been no development in Keonjhar district during the BJD rule, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH