Congress seeks CBI probe into Maoist-BJD nexus
Bhubaneswar: Opposition Congress in Odisha today demanded a CBI probe into alleged Maoist links of certain BJD leaders.
The demand was made following two sets of complaints being lodged at Capital Police Station here.
The issue was raised by Congress MLAs in the assembly during the Zero Hour. "Since allegations of Maoist link have been made against the Chief Minister, School and Mass Education minister and a former BJD leader, we demand a CBI investigation or independent probe by a judicial panel," said leader of opposition Bhupinder Singh.
People of the state must know the truth behind the complaints made at police stations, Singh said adding the former BJD leader named in a complaint is an MP. Though he has been expelled from BJD, the leader was instrumental in functioning of the state government for last 12 years.
One Prafulla Kumar Naik, a member of the students wing of Odisha Jan Morcha (OJM), had yesterday lodged the complaint alleging that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for his political gain had successfully made a deal with Maoist-backed Chasi Mulia Adivasi Sangha (CMAS) to capture Koraput Zilla Parishad.
He also alleged Patnaik was part of a deal with Maoist for release of Laxmiur MLA Jhinna Hikaka who was abducted last year.
Nayak`s allegation against Patnaik and School and Mass Education minister Rabi Narayan Nanda came after a similar complaint made by one Dipti Ranjan Mohanty of Lokdal alleging Rajya Sabha MP and OJM leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra`s link with Maoists. Mohanty had lodged the compliant at the same capital police station here on February 17.
"We have been making such allegations for a long time. But, nobody paid any heed towards it. Now after May 29 alleged coup bid on the Naveen government, two police complaints have been made," Singh said, adding that nothing less than a CBI probe could reveal the truth behind the allegation and counter allegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?