Congress workers ransack Tangi block office
Cuttack: Two Congress workers were arrested for allegedly ransacking the block office at Tangi in Cuttack district of Odisha and assaulting its staff including the additional block development officer (ADBO), police said on Thursday.
Police are now on the lookout of Cuttack district Congress president Prakash Behera in connection with the incident of yesterday, they said.
Police swung into action after two FIRs were lodged in this connection when ABDO Paresh Chandra Naik and Block Chairperson Madhusmita Sethy made written complaints against the Congress leader and party workers.
The trouble started when a group of Congress activists went on a rampage ransacking the Block office where they had picketed since morning protesting alleged rampant corruption in public distribution system (PDS) items in the block.
The protesters broke the office furniture, telephones, and other accessories of the office and assaulted the staff targeting the ABDO Naik particularly, who they alleged to be acting at the behest of ruling BJD leaders of the locality.
Congress leader Behera, however, denied the allegations saying party workers were not involved in the incident.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management