Congress workers ransack Tangi block office
Cuttack: Two Congress workers were arrested for allegedly ransacking the block office at Tangi in Cuttack district of Odisha and assaulting its staff including the additional block development officer (ADBO), police said on Thursday.
Police are now on the lookout of Cuttack district Congress president Prakash Behera in connection with the incident of yesterday, they said.
Police swung into action after two FIRs were lodged in this connection when ABDO Paresh Chandra Naik and Block Chairperson Madhusmita Sethy made written complaints against the Congress leader and party workers.
The trouble started when a group of Congress activists went on a rampage ransacking the Block office where they had picketed since morning protesting alleged rampant corruption in public distribution system (PDS) items in the block.
The protesters broke the office furniture, telephones, and other accessories of the office and assaulted the staff targeting the ABDO Naik particularly, who they alleged to be acting at the behest of ruling BJD leaders of the locality.
Congress leader Behera, however, denied the allegations saying party workers were not involved in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing