Constable, driver held for extortion in Jaipur
Jaipur: A police constable and a driver were arrested for allegedly extorting money from truck drivers in Jalore district of Rajasthan.
The accused constable, Ramlal was posing himself as sales tax officer and extorted money from some trucks drivers in the wee hours today in Sanchor area along with a private jeep driver identified as Ganpat, CO Sanchor Tulsaram said.
The duo were nabbed following a police complaint and were being interrogated, he said adding, the accused were drunk.
They had come to Jalore from Sirohi to attend a marriage function and after the function was over, they went to the highway and started extorting money, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?