Contract killers hired by former judge held
Cuttack: Police today arrested two more contract killers who had allegedly picked up a woman from the house of a former judge in Bhubaneswar and threw her into the river Mahanadi here after tying her hands and legs in May this year.
With these arrests, all the four contract killers engaged allegedly by the former judge to eliminate the woman were now under custody.
Police had earlier arrested two contract killers and five others, including a former judge, his wife and their advocate son in connection with the case.
The former judge and his family are lodged in Choudwar jail for the last two months as they were denied bails.
Meanwhile, the woman Mini Pradhan is now recuperating in SCB Medical College and Hospital. Pradhan has claimed that she had married the advocate son of the former judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...