Contract killers hired by former judge held
Cuttack: Police today arrested two more contract killers who had allegedly picked up a woman from the house of a former judge in Bhubaneswar and threw her into the river Mahanadi here after tying her hands and legs in May this year.
With these arrests, all the four contract killers engaged allegedly by the former judge to eliminate the woman were now under custody.
Police had earlier arrested two contract killers and five others, including a former judge, his wife and their advocate son in connection with the case.
The former judge and his family are lodged in Choudwar jail for the last two months as they were denied bails.
Meanwhile, the woman Mini Pradhan is now recuperating in SCB Medical College and Hospital. Pradhan has claimed that she had married the advocate son of the former judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees