Contract killers hired by former judge held
Cuttack: Police today arrested two more contract killers who had allegedly picked up a woman from the house of a former judge in Bhubaneswar and threw her into the river Mahanadi here after tying her hands and legs in May this year.
With these arrests, all the four contract killers engaged allegedly by the former judge to eliminate the woman were now under custody.
Police had earlier arrested two contract killers and five others, including a former judge, his wife and their advocate son in connection with the case.
The former judge and his family are lodged in Choudwar jail for the last two months as they were denied bails.
Meanwhile, the woman Mini Pradhan is now recuperating in SCB Medical College and Hospital. Pradhan has claimed that she had married the advocate son of the former judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing